Find Discount Purim Online

Understanding The Human Herd Mentality istock_000002199222xsmall.jpg by Vito Rispo Researchers at Leeds University, find discount purim online led by Prof Jens Krause, find discount purim online performed a series of experiments where volunteers were told to randomly walk around a large hall without talking to each other. Find discount purim online A select few were then given more detailed instructions on where to walk. Find discount purim online The scientists discovered that people end up blindly following one or two people who appear to know where they’re going. The published results showed that it only takes 5% of what the scientists called “informed individuals” to influence the direction of a crowd of around 200 people. Find discount purim online The remaining 95% follow without even realizing it. “There are strong parallels with animal grouping behavior, find discount purim online” says Prof Krause, find discount purim online who reported his study with John Dyer in the Animal Behavior Journal. Find discount purim online “We’ve all been in situations where we get swept along by the crowd but what’s interesting about this research is that our participants ended up making a consensus decision despite the fact that they weren’t allowed to talk or gesture to one another… In most cases the participants didn’t realize they were being led by others.” This is excellent example of how the human brain is setup for social life. Find discount purim online Even without a top-down organizer or any obvious rules, find discount purim online society just falls into place. Find discount purim online Unfortunately, find discount purim online that “follow the herd” mentality isn’t always beneficial. Find discount purim online If we’re not fully versed on a subject, find discount purim online we tend to follow the guy who appears to know more than we do. Find discount purim online That sort of behavior applies to more than just random walking, find discount purim online we do it in everyday life from picking political candidates to deciding what type of car to buy.  Original article can be found at: http://www.adsavvy.org/understanding-the-human-herd-mentality/