No Rx Saw Palmetto

Understanding The Human Herd Mentality istock_000002199222xsmall.jpg by Vito Rispo Researchers at Leeds University, no rx saw palmetto led by Prof Jens Krause, no rx saw palmetto performed a series of experiments where volunteers were told to randomly walk around a large hall without talking to each other. No rx saw palmetto A select few were then given more detailed instructions on where to walk. No rx saw palmetto The scientists discovered that people end up blindly following one or two people who appear to know where they’re going. The published results showed that it only takes 5% of what the scientists called “informed individuals” to influence the direction of a crowd of around 200 people. No rx saw palmetto The remaining 95% follow without even realizing it. “There are strong parallels with animal grouping behavior, no rx saw palmetto” says Prof Krause, no rx saw palmetto who reported his study with John Dyer in the Animal Behavior Journal. No rx saw palmetto “We’ve all been in situations where we get swept along by the crowd but what’s interesting about this research is that our participants ended up making a consensus decision despite the fact that they weren’t allowed to talk or gesture to one another… In most cases the participants didn’t realize they were being led by others.” This is excellent example of how the human brain is setup for social life. No rx saw palmetto Even without a top-down organizer or any obvious rules, no rx saw palmetto society just falls into place. No rx saw palmetto Unfortunately, no rx saw palmetto that “follow the herd” mentality isn’t always beneficial. No rx saw palmetto If we’re not fully versed on a subject, no rx saw palmetto we tend to follow the guy who appears to know more than we do. No rx saw palmetto That sort of behavior applies to more than just random walking, no rx saw palmetto we do it in everyday life from picking political candidates to deciding what type of car to buy.  Original article can be found at: http://www.adsavvy.org/understanding-the-human-herd-mentality/