Order Discount Crestor Online

Understanding The Human Herd Mentality istock_000002199222xsmall.jpg by Vito Rispo Researchers at Leeds University, order discount crestor online led by Prof Jens Krause, order discount crestor online performed a series of experiments where volunteers were told to randomly walk around a large hall without talking to each other. Order discount crestor online A select few were then given more detailed instructions on where to walk. Order discount crestor online The scientists discovered that people end up blindly following one or two people who appear to know where they’re going. The published results showed that it only takes 5% of what the scientists called “informed individuals” to influence the direction of a crowd of around 200 people. Order discount crestor online The remaining 95% follow without even realizing it. “There are strong parallels with animal grouping behavior, order discount crestor online” says Prof Krause, order discount crestor online who reported his study with John Dyer in the Animal Behavior Journal. Order discount crestor online “We’ve all been in situations where we get swept along by the crowd but what’s interesting about this research is that our participants ended up making a consensus decision despite the fact that they weren’t allowed to talk or gesture to one another… In most cases the participants didn’t realize they were being led by others.” This is excellent example of how the human brain is setup for social life. Order discount crestor online Even without a top-down organizer or any obvious rules, order discount crestor online society just falls into place. Order discount crestor online Unfortunately, order discount crestor online that “follow the herd” mentality isn’t always beneficial. Order discount crestor online If we’re not fully versed on a subject, order discount crestor online we tend to follow the guy who appears to know more than we do. Order discount crestor online That sort of behavior applies to more than just random walking, order discount crestor online we do it in everyday life from picking political candidates to deciding what type of car to buy.  Original article can be found at: http://www.adsavvy.org/understanding-the-human-herd-mentality/